Erie Water Works is accepting applications for the position of Finance Manager
Erie Water Works Finance Manager Job Description
Develop, direct and manage programs for all accounting transactions of the EWW. Insure that timely, accurate information is available regarding the location and availability of funds. Insure the prompt disbursement of funds and provide timely, accurate generation of financial reports internally and for external agencies Insure the timely and accurate billing of customers to include all revenue sources of the EWW.
- Develop, implement and maintain programs and procedures to plan, analyze and direct operations of
accounting, accounts payable, payroll and budgeting process to insure timely and accurate disbursement of funds in compliance with all applicable guidelines including GAAP, GASB and AWWA standards.
- Manage the posting of all funds into the appropriate account and transferring of funds between
- Develop and administer investment policies of the EWW including investing surplus monies
consistent with the investment policies.
- Direct the analysis, compilation and monitoring of operating and capital budgets of the various
divisions of the EWW, debt service requirements, lease payments, insurance premiums and other appropriate functions of the EWW.
- Insure that the highest caliber individuals are recruited/promoted, trained and developed for all direct
- Provide on an ongoing basis direction and support to all direct reports; conduct Performance
Evaluations on an annual basis.
- Review, approve and process invoices for payment, including but not limited to debt payments, lease
payments and insurance premiums.
- Review and prepare for payment requisitions for Capital Improvement Projects.
- Direct payroll activities; approve payment of payroll on a bi-weekly basis.