The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is seeking a candidate for the position of Internal Communications Specialist. They will create, develop, and produce internal communications to ensure consistent, effective communication of the organization’s strategic goals, accomplishments, image, and values. They will also develop communication materials and activities that encourage employee engagement and collaboration across the organization.
• Communicate PWSA’s values and culture internally in a way that fosters employee engagement and strengthens the organization.
• Create, maintain, and plan an internal communication calendar to prioritize and adapt to organizational needs.
• Manage the internal employee intranet, prepare all user emails, and disseminate information to employees through other appropriate channels.
• Identify and organize opportunities for employee events and volunteer opportunities within the community.
• Review, proofread, and edit internal communications prior to dissemination for accuracy, clarity, and tone of voice; ensure consistency in messaging and adherence to brand standards across all content and channels.
• Utilize full complement of multimedia techniques and communication channels to engage employees and build awareness about organization initiatives.
• Develop creative content to build understanding of processes, policies, and decisions.
• Proactively identify engaging stories and messages connected to strategic goals.
• Collaborate with Public Affairs team to populate, write and maintain content on all PWSA communication channels.
• Identify, recommend, and implement new trends, channels, and methods of communications that can be introduced to communicate more effectively with employees.
• Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
• Five (5) years related experience in production and management of communication materials in a business setting.
• Excellent verbal, writing and organizational skills and the ability to communicate complex, technical messages into easy to understand language. Strong editor and proofreader; must have knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office and familiarity with developing content in Sharepoint, Adobe Design experience is preferred; able to use multimedia and video to communicate.
• Strong ability to integrate culture, vision, and mission into communication materials.
• Ability to respond quickly and readily to leadership request, resolve problems and handle complex details with resilience and positivity; can receive feedback with a positive outlook to confirm communication meets leadership standards.
• Prioritize and manage multiple and concurrent tasks at once while remaining flexible to changing requirements and priorities; Exercise independent judgment, takes initiative in absence of specific directions from management, can manage time, and produce results under tight deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and work independently and as part of a team; diplomatic and comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
• Results driven strategic thinker with the ability to creatively develop ideas into executive plans to “see ahead” on communications rather than operate reactively.
Applicant must have permanent residency in the City of Pittsburgh at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with PWSA. Verification of city residence is required at time of filing application.
Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) PA Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The employee will be required to complete routine office work in a standard office setting.
They also must regularly lift or move up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential duties.
Application forms are available online at www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers or in the Human Resources Department at 1200 Penn Avenue. Submit application, resume, and cover letter to [email protected], by fax at 412-393-0513, or by mail at the following address:
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
ATTN: Human Resources
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
If you have any questions, please contact us at 412-255-8800.
You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
The PWSA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, or non-disqualifying disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.