Greenville Water Authority Authority Manager
GWA Authority Manager Position Description
Full Time Position
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversees the day-to- day operation of all facilities, ensuring the timely repair,
maintenance and management of the source and treatment facilities, booster stations,
tanks and valve/meter pits and all associated equipment, grounds, and buildings. Manages emergencies and elevated issues affecting the facility and its operations.
• Works with the board to implement programs and projects aimed at achieving the
authority’s mission and long-term objectives. Assists in the overall planning,
organization and management of all aspects of utility operations, including general
administration, budgeting, planning, and policy development.
• Manages staff. Interviews, hires, sets high performance standards and manages
performance. Creates an energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that
enables employee trust and engagement. Inspires confidence and motivates others to
perform at their best. Oversees training programs for labor functions.
• Manages documentation for the facility(s) including the development, maintenance and
updating of standard operating procedures manuals. Develops, maintains, and manages
the preventative maintenance program for department facilities. Coordinates, completes
and reviews a variety of operational reports and statistical data.
• Prepares, reviews, and submits regulatory agency reports, e.g. SDWA regulatory reports,
Coordinates, completes and reviews operational records and statistical data. Maintains
permit and operational compliance. Builds close working relationships with public
agencies, i.e. meets with local fire departments, PA DEP and other related activities that
facilitate communication with local communities. Prepares and maintains the Emergency
Management Plan along with any required participation in local emergency planning
agency activities and meetings.
• Oversees the preparation of plans and specifications, engineering studies, cost estimates, and material procurement.
• Provides oversight for contracted utility projects, services, and purchases. Regularly
inspects work sites to ensure progress and compliance with Authority standards of quality
and contract terms and conditions.
• Maintains cooperative relations and coordinates department activities with peer agencies
and other departments. Attends meetings, conducts research, compiles information,
completes special projects and various reports, and makes presentations.
• Works with field foreman to ensure coordinated work assignments and project planning
related to the operation, maintenance and construction of water systems.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, environmental science, engineering, or a related
field is preferred.
• Minimum of 5years of experience in Water Treatment Plant operation with 2 years in a
• Currently holds a Pennsylvania Certification for Water Works Operator Class A and all
Subclasses required for plant operations. If not in possession of the license, consideration
will be given to candidates who can obtain one in one year.
• A valid U.S. Driver’s license
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills; communicate
effectively (clearly, concisely and professionally) with customers, employees, colleagues,
corporate office, regulators, public officials, vendors, communities, etc.
Position will remain open until filled.
Send letter of interest and resume to Carol Paul:
Attn: Authority Manager Position
Greenville Water Authority
44 Clinton Street
Greenville, PA 16125
or via email to: Carol Paul at [email protected]