POSITION: Assistant Project Manager
LOCATION: Middletown, PA
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
Under general supervision from the Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting with the administrative and supervisory duties required to operate and maintain the water and/or wastewater treatment facility and collection and/or distribution system in an efficient and cost effective manner. Serves as project manager in his/her absence. Aids in analyzing and evaluating operating and maintenance procedures of the entire facility including outer-lying stations and offices. Assists in developing new/improved practices. Maintains operating records, compiles data, and prepares reports. Performs related duties as required.
Supervises the day to day activities of the existing staff.
- HS graduate or equivalent
- Associates Degree with coursework in water and/or wastewater treatment, engineering chemistry or biology
- Must be able to obtain PA DEP Class B, E; Sub-class 8,10,11,12 Water Operators License and/or PA DEP Class B, E; Sub-class 1 Wastewater Operators License within 12 months of hire. Ability to obtain both preferred.
Work Experience Needed:
- 3-5 yrs experience in utility industry or operation of a water/wastewater facility
- Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes, biosolids handling, air emissions, laboratory methods, O/M procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local water and wastewater regulations.
- 2+ years supervisory experience preferred.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of the processes and equipment involved in drinking water and wastewater treatment facilities, including basic chemical, bacteriological and biological processes, biosolids handling, air emissions, laboratory methods, O/M procedures
- Knowledge of distribution and collection system operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of financial controls and measures
- Knowledge of managerial and administrative practices and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate training and safety programs.
- Proficiency with MS office and other utility computer programs
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
- Directs and controls routine operations of the water and/or wastewater facility.
- Interprets and implements policies and procedures as determined by the project manager.
- Makes operational decisions within established
- Supervises CMMS and work orders/preventative maintenance for water and wastewater system equipment.
- Reviews laboratory procedures and results, recommends procedural changes based on those results, performs laboratory work as
- Assesses emergency and problem situations, recommends alternative solutions and implements corrective measures as directed by the project manager.
- Ensures completion of scheduled preventive maintenance and equipment outages.
- Works closely with staff to establish maintenance priorities, develop programs for equipment replacement and facility improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining operational areas in a professional, well-kept manner.
- Conducts training and safety programs.
- Prepares routine reports and maintains ongoing process
- Provides input to develop project budget.
- Prepares bid specifications for purchasing as requested by project manager.
- Monitors and reviews PADEP and EPA Drinking Water and Wastewater standards, facility reports and submissions for accuracy and compliance.
- Counsels employees regarding work-related problems and seeks Interacts with Union Steward if applicable.
- Attends meeting and maintains effective communication with the general public as a division
- Works closely with the Project Manager to maintain Environmental and Contract compliance while delivering an exceptional product and service to the client and residents.
List the minimum physical requirements that are essential in order for an employee to perform the role.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work at a desk for long periods
- Ability to work 40+ hrs. a week, 7:00AM-3:30PM
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE and follow safe work practices outlined by by EH&S Policies
Interested candidates should submit a resume or cover letter to Kodi Webb at [email protected].