AQUA PA is accepting applications for Meter Operations Supervisor
At Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc., we know that water is a precious resource – one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That’s why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
The Meter Operations Supervisor assists in managing and directing non/union employees focused primarily on the installation, maintenance and reading of the Company’s residential and commercial metering system located within the South Eastern Pennsylvania (SEPA) service territory.
- Supervise all Meter Operations activities including the scheduling and reading of approximately 370,000 meters per month and the installation, service and testing of all meters 5/8” through 10”.
- Provides leadership, direction, and motivation such that the Company mission is achieved and standards of service to the customer are maintained in accordance with Company objectives and Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission requirements.
- Work closely with local divisions, ACO, Legal, New Business, Cross Connection Control and Technical Services to assist with appointment scheduling, service order generation, account inquiries/trouble shooting, order status, and cancelations.
- Coordinate with New Business Inspectors to ensure the timely installation of new services and completion of renovations and or repairs on existing services.
- Schedule, train, and supervise field service personnel ensuring Aqua Pennsylvania’s safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitor the activities of contracted installers, ensure that project-specific activities, deliverables, and timelines are followed. Address all account and or customer related issues, review SOP’s & training requirements, and the transfer of materials & inventory.
- Support the purpose and policy of the Company’s Cross Connection Control requirements in accordance with federal and state Safe Drinking Water Act regulations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employees for this job. As these activities, duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with minimum of 7 years of experience in water utility system operations.
- PA Department of Environmental Protection Class E Distribution License or ability to achieve same within 24-months of job acceptance is required.
- An ASSE Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification or the ability to achieve within 24-months of job acceptance is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and leadership skills are essential with the ability to manage multiple people and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively conduct business with internal and external customers, contractors, utility companies, municipal, county & state authorities and represent the company with a professional presence.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Utilize Aqua’s Customer Information System (Banner), Qlik, AMRA and ASOA to perform account investigation, system trouble shooting, service order investigation or to make corrections and other miscellaneous requests based on the customer’s verbal or written inquiry.
- Familiar with Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc. Tariff as it relates to rates, rules, regulations, SEPA meter installation specifications and Cross Connection Control policy. In addition, PA Title 52 Chapter 56 Standards and Billing Procedures and Ch. 65 Water Service.
- Must be able to articulate technical information from GIS plans, plates and tap cards to field personnel.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Working conditions may include travel to work sites of Essential Utilities and/or other constituents (if applicable)
- On call requirements
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Aqua, a subsidiary of Essential Utilities, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying for a job online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call (1-877-271-9012).