Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority is accepting applications for Project Controls Associate (Hybrid)
Project Controls Associate (Hybrid)
1200 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA Req #144
Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Program Controls, report performance and support project managers with cost management and budgeting in the department of Engineering and Construction.
• Review and process invoices and contractor pay applications within the Project Management System (e-builder) and Enterprise Resource Planning System (SAP).
• Collaborates with project managers, consultants, and/or contractors to provide cost control functions of project management, including but not limited to, project cash flow analysis, reporting, and forecasting.
• Liaison between Engineering, Finance, and other PWSA departments to provide forecasts, reports, and day to day support.
• Assists in identifying, defining, and developing solutions to issues that arise in existing processes.
• Assists with related user maintenance activities, such as setup, role assignment, and license utilization. Performs data entry to ensure accurate tracking of budgets and schedules.
• Supports project managers in processing project budget modifications.
• Supports the quarterly update of the Project Management Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (PMP-SOP) manual.
• Performs data entry to ensure tracking of budgets and schedules. Schedules and attends monthly audit project meetings with project managers.
• Supports project closeout activities and processes.
• Perform other tasks as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, associates, contractors, consultants, and other vendors; works well with all personality types.
• Exercise judgement and make independent decisions without the need to escalate.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and produce accurate work.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including English usage, spelling, and grammar.
• Knowledge of computer equipment and software applications related to assignment, specifically Microsoft Office, and especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, experienced and proficient user of complex tracking and budgeting software.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
• Associate degree in finance, business, engineering, construction management, or a related field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly Excel.
• Applicant must present an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination at the time of application or prior to commencement of work (subject to applicable law including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 reasonable accommodation requirements).
• Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
• Applicant must have permanent residency in Allegheny County at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED / RECEIVED:
No direct reports/ Receive supervision directly from the Senior Manager, Program Controls.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands consist of walking, climbing stairs, finger movements including fine dexterity and coordination, hearing conversation, seeing near and far, and speaking clearly.
• Frequently bending, stooping, repetitive leg and arm movements, lifting up to 25 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment.
• Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority’s examining physician.
Employment may be contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug, and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
• Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check, verification of prior employment and performance, reference, and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
• Applicants are subject to a System for Award Management (SAM) or any successor system search as maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) to ensure compliance with federal procurement and non-procurement programs.
Applications: You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the Human Resources Department at:
PWSA Human Resources Department
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on any legally protected statuses, including, but not limited to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, or veteran status. PWSA is committed to providing candidates with reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities during our recruiting process; if you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected] or 412-255-8800.
Position: Project Controls Associate
Application Deadline: Until Filled