Capital Region Water is in search of an experienced and licensed Operations Supervisor to oversee the Drinking Water Treatment Process.
Responsible for the day-to-day and long-term optimization of the Capital Region Water (CRW) drinking water treatment process. The water treatment process under the management of this position includes the Raw Water facilities of the pristine DeHart Reservoir, and the Susquehanna River Pump Station, a 20 MGD computerized conventional mixed-media gravity filtration water treatment plant at the Water Services Center, and finished water pumping and storage facilities within the distribution system.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES & FUNCTIONS
- Lead a staff of Operators to meet treatment plant compliance and performance optimization goals.
- Maintain a continuous staff of operators on a 24-hour schedule.
- Prepare comprehensive regulatory reports required by local, state, and federal regulatory agencies that may include all or part of the following: Annual Water Supply Report, Water Allocation Report, Emergency Response Plan, Risk Management Plan, Right-to-Know reports, monthly data reports, etc.
- Inspects facilities regularly to maintain optimum operation, maintenance, and general conditions of the treatment facilities.
- Communicates with government regulators, customers, engineers, private contractors, and other stakeholders inside and outside of CRW to support the operation.
- Recommends Capital Improvement Projects to meet the long term needs of the water treatment facilities. Procures products and services to support the operation within budgetary guidelines.
- Immediately informs direct supervisor of any threat to the quality or quantity of water that could negatively affect the customer or compliance.
- Serves as a temporary supervisor upon the unavailability of the Maintenance, Water Quality, or Distribution Supervisors.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent and B.S. degree in a field related to water treatment; technical training or college coursework in engineering, chemistry, or environmental sciences is preferred. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience in the water treatment industry, with Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Possession of a current Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Waterworks Operator Class A certification, including Subclasses 1, 7, 8, 11, 12.
- Certification through reciprocity must be obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge of best management practices, methods, procedures, and techniques for water treatment operation.
- Thorough knowledge of SCADA systems of the type used in water treatment plants.
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory and analytical methods used in the analysis of drinking water.
This posting is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to respond electronically and submit a resume with application. Visit our Resources/Careers page @ capitalregionwater.com to apply.
Capital Region Water is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 717-216-5265.